SAIC Capital is a corporate venture capital firm formed in 2014. Its purpose is to establish SAIC as a major player in developing leading-edge technology for the transportation industry. It is located on Sand Hill Road in Menlo Park, California, at the heart of Silicon Valley.
Areas of investment include:
- Alternative energy solutions
- Durable, lighter materials
- Human Machine Interaction (HMI)
- Autonomous driving
- Connected Vehicles (IoT)
- Energy, Fuel and powertrain
- Big Data
- Aftermarket product and disruptive business models
- SAIC Capital makes early and growth stage investments of between $1 million and $20 million in high-potential companies.
Since 2014, we come from SAIC Motor. Focusing on automatic driving, Internet of vehicles, big data and other software technologies; Pay more attention on battery material technology; Explore business models.
SAIC Capital’s proactive approach to develop new technology follows the three-point strategy:
- We invest in early and growth-stage companies
- We co-invest with leading venture capital firms
- We help our portfolio companies to access Chinese markets and supply chain partners
SAIC Innovation Center
SAIC Innovation Center, founded in 2015, is located in the core of Silicon Valley, California. Backed by the biggest OEM in China, we engage in every phase of the technology development pipeline from concept formulation and validation to prototype testing.